Thursday, August 13, 2015

Popcorn


When Jason is in town, I pretty much cook every night. We occasionally go out to dinner or order pizza, but not very often. I generally don't take kids' tastes into account too much for dinner. Not that I am choosing things they dislike, but I choose things that Jason and I like and feel like they can eat it. It exposes them to a broader palate than if I only served peanut butter and jelly every night (their frequent choice of meals) and I get to eat things I don't hate. However, when Jason is out of town, I don't really cook. Since my kids don't eat that much even in the best of circumstances and eat next to nothing when it's not their favorite foods, I find it demotivating just to cook for myself. So I often have a salad and the kids often have pbj or hot dogs or whatever for dinner when Jason is gone. Tonight we had popcorn. We later also had sandwiches, but Jason doesn't love popcorn and the kids and I do, so we started with that. I had some very happy kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment