Friday, August 7, 2015

Big Kids Now

A long, long time ago, when we were preparing for our Colombia adoption, Andrew and Julie got us Legos. I kept them because they are so universal in appeal, that I thought we surely would use them someday. That day has arrived. Joshua asked me what they were awhile back (he noticed them on a high shelf in Clara's closet) and I said they were big kid Legos. Today he told me, "Mom, we should play with the big kid Legos, because we big kids now". Well, okay, that's hard to argue with. They probably aren't truly ready for them, especially Clara. Hannah really wanted nothing to do with them. Clara likes little things so she was pretty happy with the car and house and guy and played with them, but not really interested in building. Joshua really enjoyed building. I actually really enjoyed building the examples in the instruction manual, which is not something I can say about the Duplos, so it was a nice change for me. I will be excited if Joshua gets really into them and wants the fun kits they have.

No comments:

Post a Comment