Saturday, August 22, 2015

Inside Out, PetSmart, and McDonald's


Earlier this year, I took Joshua to his first ever theater movie, and for my date day with Clara today, I decided it was time for her to get to see one too.  We went to see Inside Out, which has been out awhile, but it's a Pixar movie, which pretty much means it'll be great, and the reviews backed that up.  And sure enough, it was really a pretty outstanding movie.  I really liked it.  The visuals were stellar, but it also had a great plot and gave visual structure to the lead character's thoughts, emotions, memories, etc., which made it really interesting to think about.  Clara really liked it too.  She didn't really know what to expect from the experience, but once I told her we'd be eating popcorn and watching a movie, the rest didn't matter.  She did really well and was engrossed in the movie the entire time, but she made sure to chow down her popcorn too.

Next we went to PetSmart, as they often have puppies and kittens there for adoption on Saturdays, though we were just going to look, not to adopt.  She made fast friends with a little dog, and if I were even remotely open to getting a new dog right now, I might have taken him home.  He and Clara loved each other.  Clara even asked me if we could take him home.  Later she saw birds and fish   She found one tank with a large school of fish and pointed to one and said, 'Dad, please can we get one?  I think I love him!"  We brought home no fish, but she was over it by the time we left the store, so it was okay.
I asked her where she wanted to go to lunch, since I didn't have a particular plan, and to no one's surprise, she chose McDonald's.  Here she is eating her fries and then making a super cute expression.

Here are a few other pictures of us, including eating our ice cream treat outside.  We had a really fun date day, and I'm glad we got to see her first theater movie together.

No comments:

Post a Comment