Monday, August 17, 2015

Dad and Kids Night at the Pool

Tonight I wanted to take advantage of what looks like one of the few hot weather days on the horizon, so I took the kids to the pool after I got home from work.  I brought dinner for them (Lunchables) and for me (sandwich and yogurt).  Note that the stack of Oreos is not mine, as I was hoarding their cookies until they ate their food, which they did.

After eating we went swimming.  This week most kids start school, though not ours, and presumably because of that, there was not a single other person anywhere in the pool area the entire time we were there.  We had a great time, especially with the toy shark and the four small fish that it eats, which was a leftover toy from someone else.  They were thankful for that kid's forgetfulness.  We played lots of games and had a lot of fun before we finally went home for bedtime.  Hopefully we can squeeze another pool day or night in before it closes in a few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment