Saturday, April 18, 2015

Joshua's First Theater Movie

Joshua is old enough to go see a movie in a theater, so I've been excited about taking him to his first one. Last summer Meghan did take him to see an outdoor showing of Cars at Theater In The Park, but an indoor movie is another matter.  I was scheduled to take him on a date day this month, so I decided it was time.  I chose the movie Home, which is a DreamWorks movie that looked like it would be decently good and something Joshua would enjoy.  It turned out to be a really good movie, and Joshua really liked it too.

After the movie, we went out for lunch. I asked Joshua what he wanted, and he said nachos. In an effort to turn that into an actual lunch, and not just a QuikTrip snack, we went to Taco Bueno.  Joshua somewhat likes spicy food, and he's really proud of the fact that he does and that I do ("Two guys like spicy food!"), but he doesn't like it all that spicy.  Sometimes he'll eat a spicy pepper, and sometimes spicy salsa, but there are some types of spicy salsa that he really doesn't like, perhaps due to an ingredient, or maybe they're just too spicy.  But he was excited today to have a taco with spicy salsa knowing that I also had spicy salsa on my taco.

Date days are typically incomplete without some form of a treat, so we stopped by Sonic on our way home, where we both enjoyed some ice cream to end our date day.

No comments:

Post a Comment