Monday, April 27, 2015

Farewell to the Four Seasons

Today was our last day at the Four Seasons.  My company covered us for three nights there.  Because we already had our airfare covered no matter how long we stayed, and because we were already making the trip out here, we decided to extend our trip three extra days.  But today we had to check out of this hotel.  I took one last walk around the property and was able to fully appreciate the beautiful grounds and the perfect and pristine beach.

The view from our lanai was pretty good.  We could see the ocean, so you can't complain about that.  Our room was pretty fantastic.  I didn't get a great picture of it, but here's half of the bathroom (I couldn't fit the other half in a picture).  The accommodations were definitely five-star.

Our room keys had pictures of some of the unique pieces of art that decorated the grounds.  One of them was in the lobby, which was one of my favorites, so I asked Meghan to stand by it for a picture.

The Four Seasons is something like $900/night, so we decided to stay somewhere else for the second half of our trip.  We rented a car using my accrued free rental days from my travel.  I use National, which means I can pick out my car from the lot, and there was a nice Infinity QX70 available.  It's a luxury compact SUV, so our upscale vacation continues.  I rode to the airport on the shuttle, and then rented the car and drove it back to the Four Seasons to pick up Meghan and our bags.  She is finally feeling better (we were able to get a late checkout to give her more time to recover), and now we're off to the northern part of the island to our condo.

No comments:

Post a Comment