Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Catching Up With Carpenter

I'm in Austin today for a business meeting.  One of my best friends from college lives in Austin and works for the same company that I was visiting.  So we arranged to go to lunch together.  I've only seen him a few times since we graduated, so I was really excited about the opportunity to see him again.  Unlike me, he actually directly uses his computer engineering degree as part of a team that designs and tests servers, and he was able to give me a tour of his office and the lab where he does a lot of his work, which I found to be fascinating.  After that, we went to lunch at a local barbecue joint.  Unfortunately I had to leave to catch a flight, so I wasn't able to stay longer, but it was really great to get to see him and to hang out with him.

No comments:

Post a Comment