Friday, October 9, 2015

Date Day at Pumpkin Hollow

 Today I had a date day with Hannah. In some ways, I feel like I don't really need a date day with her at this point because every Monday and Wednesday morning is basically a date day for us. However, I decided to take her to Deanna Rose so we could do something more geared to her. I wasn't sure she would enjoy it without the other kids.

 We started out with some ice cream, which we never do with the other kids, so she enjoyed that. She didn't really like the playground or the animals without Joshua or Clara. She mostly likes watching them feed the animals, and doesn't like feeding them herself. She also prefers partners on the playground.

 I wasn't sure if she would like pumpkin hollow, but I decided to give it a try. She didn't love the hayride. She thought it was very dangerous and wanted me to hold her tight the whole time. After it was over she said, "That was a close one". It really really wasn't a close one at all.

 She didn't love pumpkin hollow over all, but she loved this slide. She was really proud of herself for climbing the hay bales without help and going down this rather large slide. She did that several times.

 She also enjoyed choosing some pumpkins to take home.

 After Pumpkin Hollow, we went to her very favorite part of Deanna Rose, which is the butterfly garden.

 She really loves the stepping stones. She is very excited just hopping and skipping from stone to stone and sometimes talking about the letters. We stayed here quite awhile and she was really happy.

After Deanna Rose, we ended our date day at Chick-Fil-A. We had a really fun day and I'm glad we did it.

No comments:

Post a Comment