Saturday, October 31, 2015

A Toy Story Halloween

Last year for Halloween, we decided to do a family theme for our costumes, so we were all superheroes.  This year, we went with Toy Story.  Joshua was Buzz Lightyear, Clara was Jessie thw cowgirl, and Hannah was Bo Peep.  But it was a family theme, not just a kids theme, so I was Sheriff Woody and Meghan was one of the aliens from the claw game.  Meghan made Hannah's Bo Peep costume from scratch, which was very impressive, and she made much of Clara's costume and her costume.  I put together my costume from a combination of different sources, including constructing a pull-ring for my back, like Woody has.  Woody is a cowboy, which means he needs cowboy boots, which meant I had to find a way to acquire some.  After failing to find super cheap ones (or any ones at all, actually) at Walmart and Kohl's, I opted to buy some used ones off Craigslist, which I will eventually re-sell back on Craiglist later.  I am pretty proud of our costumes.



In past years, we have stayed at home for the first half of trick-or-treating to hand out candy before we headed out for the second half of the evening.  This year, things were a little different.  Game 4 of the World Series was tonight, starting at 7:07, so we headed out earlier than normal in an effort to be home by the time the game started.  Pretty much all of Kansas City seemed to operate under that same plan, as there was a flurry of early activity and then a pretty big drop-off by the time the game started.  We got home in time to see the game, which the Royals won, putting them up 3-1 in the series. We had a really fun Halloween (and an extra happy one thanks to the Royals), and it'll be interesting to see if we end up doing another family theme next year.  Meghan and I hope to, but at some point the kids will probably want to branch out on their own, so we'll see.

1 comment:

  1. These are the best costumes. You guys could have a second career at making Halloween costumes and I would definitely be a customer. I bought a referee shirt and whistle at the last minute because I wanted to be able to wear workout pants the whole night :)

    ReplyDelete