Saturday, May 23, 2015

Turnin' Wrenches

When I bought my bike last year, I got a used one for $60.  That's not bad for a working hybrid bike.  It's a Nishiki Manitoba, so not a terrible brand, though far from great.  It wasn't in great condition, but it was good enough, and it's been very useful to me, as I've ridden my bike a fair amount of times in the past year.  One part that wasn't in great shape was the pedals.  Both pedals were broken, though they were still usable.  I finally got around to ordering new pedals, and they recently arrived. I also ordered a water bottle and water bottle cage, since they bike didn't come with that.  I installed the water bottle cage, but when it was time to do the pedals, I invited Joshua out to help me.  I taught him about wrenches and what they do and how they work, and I let him make a few turns with it as we removed the old pedal.  As always, he was very excited to help me out with a project and to get to use the wrench by himself.  

No comments:

Post a Comment