Monday, May 25, 2015

Date Day at the Pool

Today I had date day with Clara. I wasn't really sure what we should do because she loves doing things outside and it has been very rainy. We did have some sunny times today, but there was also a high chance of rain at times too. I wanted her input on what we should do, and she suggested we ride unicorns. I told her that wasn't realistic so she suggested ponies instead, but the main place I know of to do that is Deanna Rose and I really wasn't sure about the rain. Another thing she has been asking a lot of is swimming. Our subdivision pool did open this past week, but it hasn't been very warm so I thought it would be too cold. So I decided to take her to the Olathe Community Center to swim. This is kind of pricey if I bring my whole family, so I haven't been yet, but it was totally reasonable for just two of us. It was a very nice facility, even though it was kind of crowded due to the holiday. They have really spacious family changing rooms, which is nice and would be even nicer if I had all my kids with me. She had a really fun time swimming and said, "Next time, maybe we can come swimming here". There are lots of areas and features at this pool so it really does have something for everyone. Clara likes jumping off the edge the best so she did a lot of that. Even though the water was very warm since it was indoors, she was super cold and turning blue by the end so I was glad we didn't go outside.

After swimming, we let our hair dry in the breeze while playing at the park outside the community center.

After that we had burgers at Red Robin, followed by ice cream for dessert. I wasn't sure where to go for ice cream because she was really insistent she wanted pink ice cream you can eat with a spoon (so no drinks).  A lot of places I prefer are more about the toppings, but then I thought of a Sonic Blast. She got a banana split Blast, which was pink due to the strawberries. She was pretty happy with it. We had a fun date day, even if no unicorns were ridden.

1 comment: