Monday, May 18, 2015

My Tough Triker Girl

When the kids ride bikes to the park, we usually go to the Maple Brook park.  That's only 1/3 of a mile or so from our house and is reasonably quick even at the snail's pace we go. However, it's a private park and really only meant for Maple Brook residents (which we are not). I don't think it's a problem to use it when no one is there. My kids are small so aren't really causing a lot of wear and tear. But I don't think it's really ethical to use it if others are there because then we are making them wait longer to use playground equipment that they are paying for and we are not. There is hardly ever anyone there. But today there was. But the kids really wanted to go to the park. So we went to the closest public park, which is about 3/4 a mile from our house. Which sounds really close. And is. Except if you are 3 and 4 and riding your bike or scooter there. That was a pretty long journey for them and Clara was such a trooper. She rode the whole way there and the whole way back. I was really proud of her. Joshua did fine and met my expectations, but he rode in the stroller while I carried his scooter most of the way back (with Hannah on his lap).


Between the longer-than-normal trip and the fun we had at the park, the kids took a really good nap today.

No comments:

Post a Comment