Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Flower Fishing

Today, when Clara got up from nap, she said her nose hurt. I didn't really think that was weird because she complains all the time about various ailments and gets over them in a few seconds. But then she told me she put a flower in her nose and it hurt. I didn't really know what she was talking about, but she seemed upset and in pain and she wouldn't normally lie about that. I didn't really see anything so I told her to blow her nose really hard five times. After that, I could barely see it at the right angle. It was a tiny plastic flower that came with her playmobil set. It was not close to the outside of her nose at all so I wasn't sure what to do. Repeated blowing on her part through the correct nostril didn't seem to be helping any more. I haven't had a nose suction bulb in my home for a couple years. I tried the medicine dropper from an expired bottle of baby tylenol, but it didn't have enough suction. I decided to try tweezers even though I knew there was a chance that, if I messed up, they could push it deeper and we would definitely have to go to the doctor. But luckily it went really smoothly and came right out with the tweezers. So that was a relief because Jason, Halie, and Peg and Ron are all out of town so it would have been a challenge to take all three kids to urgent care since the pediatrician is closed. We talked about you never ever put anything in your nose. Ever. Joshua put a pom pom in his nose once. I am hoping to not continue this fun tradition with Hannah.

No comments:

Post a Comment