Friday, May 29, 2015

A Date with Miss Spontaneity


 
Meghan is not a very spontaneous girl.  But it seems that she's gotten a little more so.  For our date nights, we used to have the restaurant planned a couple days in advance, or at least the day of.  But then we got to the point where we would just decide when I got home from work.  And then even where we would decide after we dropped the kids off at Mom and Ron's.  Tonight for our date night, Meghan didn't seem to care if we had a destination before we started driving, so I just headed toward Overland Park and we just figured we'd decide somewhere along the way.  We ended up near the new Prairefire development at 135th and Roe,but then I remembered a place we liked that we hadn't been to in awhile, Bonefish Grill, which was right across the street.  Meghan agreed, so we went there.  So we didn't choose our restaurant until we were pretty much right next to it.  That's something I've always been okay with, but not Meghan!  I'm proud of her for loosening up in that department.  So we ate there for the first time in apparently 2.5 years.  I had no idea it had been that long until I looked back at the last blog post.  Anyway, one of the drinks they offered said it was in a frozen ice glass.  I wasn't sure what that meant until it came to our table, and it was literally a glass made out of ice,  It did have a little rubber base that you could put it in though.  So here I am drinking a cocktail out of a glass made out of ice.  That's a first for me.  Maybe next I'll step it up and go to an ice bar or even an ice hotel.  But we had really delicious meals (Chilean Sea Bass Imperial Style, and of course the Bang Bang Shrimp) and then got Twister's for dessert, as we almost always do.

No comments:

Post a Comment