Monday, March 16, 2015

Two in a Room

While Christine has been here, the girls have been sleeping together in Clara's room. This has gone really very well. I would say they do take longer to fall asleep, so that is the one down side. But they have both really liked it and I don't think they will be very happy tomorrow when things go back to normal. I am considering putting them in the same room permanently because I think sharing a room is a good experience for them (to a point. When they get older I think they will want their privacy) and it will foster a closer friendship. I think the kids would actually prefer to all be in the same room, but I don't think they would ever get any sleep if I put all three in one room and I am not sure I want to do bunk beds at this age and that would be a must with three in a room given the size of our rooms. We kind of need to do something about their rooms because Clara needs a different set-up. She is a night-time hoarder and really cannot sleep with about 40 books and 10 stuffed animals in her bed and many more within reaching distance. It is ridiculous, but if one is missing, she notices and will cry for a very long time about it. So she really needs storage like a nightstand and maybe some shelving near her bed. Which more or less means she needs a twin or larger bed due to bed height. But I really want whatever we do to last several years until we are ready to upgrade her to a full-sized bed, so I want to choose something we think is going to work long-term and we are thinking about what that might be.

No comments:

Post a Comment