Monday, March 30, 2015

Our Newest Daredevil


Today we went to the park as it was a super nice day and some AT&T guys are digging in our backyard. Joshua was here and had a great time, but for whatever reason I didn't get a picture of him. Well the reason was mainly Hannah. Clara conquered her fear of the high level today and was super proud of herself. However, she is still Clara so she didn't go up there that many times because she doesn't have the drive to always go higher and faster that the other two have. However, Hannah has recently realized that she is basically just as able as Joshua to go anywhere and do anything (unfortunately that isn't in any way true, but she believes it). So she decided she wanted to go down the big slides. Hannah on the yellow climber is great. If she falls, it's not that high, she probably won't fall, and it's totally age-appropriate. Hannah on this ladder going up high, I am less on board with. So I spotted her and thus didn't get as many pictures as normal. She did completely fine and she does have some common sense so I felt reasonably sure she wouldn't just jump off the 10 ft platform. So she got up there and really loved the big slides. So she did it over and over again. I am not sure there could ever be a slide too big for her. She had a great time, though I think maybe this is the beginning of the end of her being the easy kid who just sits down while the other kids play. Which is good and bad. Mostly good because independence is one of the traits I value most in my kids. Somewhat bad because she isn't as good as she thinks she is and I don't want her to get hurt.

No comments:

Post a Comment