Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Adventures in Computing

My laptop is very important to me. Really not as much personally, as phones and tablets do more and more, though I still need a laptop on occasion, but mostly professionally. As a contractor I use my own equipment and so I need my computer to work in order to do my job and get paid. Though Jason and I always look at all the computer possibilities when we purchase ours, we usually end up with Dells. I am not entirely unhappy with Dells, but not entirely happy either, yet I can't find anything better for my needs. So we generally buy the extended warranty and replace every three years (the maximum amount of time the extended warranty covers). My warranty ends this summer so my laptop likely is not long for this world, but my computer has been having a lot of issues lately so today the service tech came out to replace the fan and motherboard. Joshua was super interested in this, choosing to watch over going outside. The tech's first step was to vacuum out the Natalie hair before he made the replacements. So far it's not getting so hot that it shuts down anymore, so that's progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment