Sunday, February 1, 2015

Super Snacks and a Super Game

Tonight we watched the Super Bowl and had our own little family Super Bowl party.  I really disliked both teams.  I dislike the Patriots because, well, they're the Patriots.  They win too much, they probably cheat (SpyGate, DeflateGate) etc.  I dislike the Seahawks because their defense is a little too brash for my liking and because they not only just won last year, they did so by beating my Broncos.  I do like Russell Wilson, but that's about it.  So I was rooting for no one.  If pressed, I was maybe barely rooting for Seattle, but really I just wanted a close and entertaining game, and I certainly got that.  It was close throughout, and thanks to a circus catch by Jermaine Kearse, it came down to the Seahawks being a half yard away from a Super Bowl-winning touchdown when, on second down, Pete Carroll decided to throw instead of giving it to maybe the best RB in football, Marshawn "Beastmode" Lynch, and the Pats' Darius Butler intercepted Wilson to seal the win.  Crazy.  And just the type of drama I was hoping to see.  Brady and Belichick are now one of the greatest or else the greatest QB ever and head coach ever, respectively.

Aside from the game, the food was excellent.  Meghan made an array of different options for us, and they were all great.  It was the best food I've ever had at any Super Bowl party ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment