Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Seeing Family from the North and the South



This actually happened yesterday, but we already had a post for the Valentine's Day party, so in following with our plan to be a little less strict about the blog rules this year, I'm posting this for today's post.  So what would normally have been a pretty standard day of working at my office and then flying to a different city for a business trip ended up working out much better than that.  My dad was on a trip to and from Manhattan to interview a potential new employee, so I was able to meet him for breakfast.  We ate at Waffle House, because as a man who especially appreciates value but also taste, it works well for him, and as a guy who especially appreciates taste but also value, it works well for me.  As you can see, we made sure to get our (well, his) money's worth!  It was great to be able to sit down and talk with him and enjoy a meal together.

My business trip was to Houston, so I wondered if I could make it work to see Joanna and Kirk while I was there.  Fortunately I didn't have anything that prevented me from flying there a little earlier in the day (I left for the airport right after breakfast with Dad), so I was able to arrive in Houston in time to meet them for dinner.  They had prepared a steak, corn on the cob, potato salad, and lettuce salad dinner, which was great.  Afterward we drove around and saw Joanna's school, and some of Sugar Land, including the insane mansions, before returning home to hang out for a little while longer before I had to head back to my hotel.

It was a special day to see both my dad and one of my two sisters on the same day, in different locations, when neither one lives in my same state.

1 comment:

  1. It was a great and special visit! We were so happy to have you here and show you around Sugar Land! See you soon :)

    ReplyDelete