Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Drawers That Won't Be Going In My Drawers

Have you ever wanted to see me in my underwear?  I hope not, because that would make you a weirdo.  But you're getting to do so anyway.  Well, kind of.  I like to order things on clearance, because if you pay attention to the stores (well, the websites of the stores) you like, there will almost always be good things on clearance, especially at the end of a season.  Recently I ordered a few things online from Nordstrom Rack, which is a discount version of Nordstrom: a travel toiletries bag, a scarf, and a stocking cap, all $20 to $40 items currently priced between $6 and $8.  Today three packages arrived.  The toiletries bag and scarf were as expected, but when I opened the third bag, I did not find a stocking cap.  I found brightly colored striped underwear.  Um, what?  I was pretty sure I hadn't accidentally ordered them, because I would have remembered seeing something that, uh, bold.  I double checked both my order and shipping confirmation e-mails, and they showed that I had ordered the stocking cap and that it had supposedly been shipped.  So probably what happened is the worker at the warehouse grabbed the wrong thing and threw it in my bag.  It makes me wonder if there's some guy somewhere who was really excited to receive his garish underwear and was sad to get a boring black stocking cap.  Anyway, I suppose people who aren't Meghan don't need to know my underwear style, but I'll go ahead and put it out there that this type of thing is, in fact, not my preferred style of underwear.  So I will be returning them.  Before I do, I made sure to put them on (over my jeans, for multiple reasons) and took a picture to memorialize this fantastic piece of clothing that's apparently right for someone, but not for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment