Monday, January 5, 2015

Cooped Up


Generally I am not a cold-weather person. But without kids it doesn't really matter. I don't hang out outside in the winter and I have heat inside so no biggie unless it snows and I have to drive in it. But with kids, winter is just the worst when it is really cold. Though it is nice to not be over-scheduled or go somewhere all the time, staying home all the time is so boring for everyone. And the kids do better going outside and getting their energy out. So I am pretty much already sick of cold weather already as are the kids. If it's a little cold, I will send Joshua and Clara out in the backyard by themselves. If it's a lot cold, then that isn't really reasonable, even though they would happily go, or at least Joshua would. It has been very cold for Kansas City of late. Hopefully we get back to highs in the 30s, which is more typical and then we can go outside again. Today we did play dough (Hannah and Joshua) and coloring (Clara), which was nice, but I still would rather go somewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment