Monday, January 12, 2015

A New Morning Routine

When I had one kid, I thought it was so nice to have him in my room. That was a lot because of his age. Since Clara came when he was 13 months, he was still a baby. And it was partly because one child is so manageable. You always know where they are. Now that I have three kids who are bigger, I am more like, "Get out of my room. Don't touch anything." So they are not normally allowed to hang out in our room unless we are super tired and then maybe for a few minutes they can stay while we get motivated to get out of bed and herd them downstairs.

However, with Jason being gone for so long, they have spent a fair amount of morning time in our room. I could get up super early and be all showered and ready by the time they wake up, but that would require me to get up an hour earlier than normal. If Jason moved to California for seven months instead of seven days, that's what I would do and I would go to bed earlier too. I am a morning person. I can happily wake up at 5 or 6  without an alarm if I move my bedtime to 10. But Jason is a night owl, so I wouldn't have any time with him if I went to bed at 10 and I really hate using an alarm so consistent bedtime and waketime and adequate sleep are important to me. So I am sticking with 11 (okay, let's be real. No later than 11:30). Which means when the kids get up at 7, I am have only been up for a little while and am usually still in bed planning my day.

So the kids come in and eat granola bars at 7 and I turn on a show for them while I shower and get ready. It's overall going very well, but yet I am still glad it's only temporary.

No comments:

Post a Comment