Monday, September 28, 2015

Happy Birthday to Me!

 Today was my birthday. We started the celebration in the afternoon when we did gifts. I got a few things, but the thing I was really excited about was this bag. I go to the library a lot and I check out a lot of books and videos. For the kids mainly. I am more of a kindle girl. But because I get so many all the time, I really need a bag and I was using a reusable shopping bag that was getting torn from the heavy books. So I am super excited to have this tote, mainly for the library, but also because I think a bag this size will come in handy for various things with the kids as well.

After gifts, we had cake. I had told Jason I wanted caked from "Nothing Bundt Cakes" again, just like last year. I didn't remember which flavors I liked best, unfortunately, but Jason got an assortment. I am documenting here that lemon is the winner, but all of them were good.

After cake, Halie came and Jason and I went to dinner at Capital Grille, because I like a good steak on my birthday. We really enjoyed the meal and the date night. Since it was my birthday, the waiter took a picture of us. Unfortunately I could not keep my eyes open at all and, after about five takes, this was the best we could get and I have a really weird look on my face from the strain of forcing my eyes open. It was a fun birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment