Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Cutting the Big Branches

I needed to trim up the trees around the front of the house, and Joshua always wants to help with everything I do.  I sometimes will say no because it's too dangerous, or perhaps will give him a limited version of the task.  He really wanted to use my big branch clippers, which is certainly not a tool that I would ever let him use unsupervised, and realistically he can't use them very well = anyway because he's not strong enough to cut the big branches, but I did let him hold them for a minute and squeeze them as much as he could to get a branch started, even though he couldn't cut very far into the branch.  I then took over and finished the branch, but he was really proud of his contribution and that I let him take part in the process with one of my grown-up tools.

No comments:

Post a Comment