Friday, September 11, 2015

Cicada Show and Tell

Joshua and Clara's new school has show and tell.  For Joshua, it was an easy choice, as we recently found two dead cicadas.  He loves cicadas and has is really interested in them.  So I knew I wanted to have him bring a cicada, but I wasn't sure how to go about doing that.  Some quick internet research indicated that hand sanitizer is a good preservative, so I bought a tube of glitter at Walmart, dumped it out, filled it with the cicada and hand sanitizer, carefully removed the bubbles, and in the end I had a cicada display case.  Joshua and I talked on the way to school about the cicada's lifecycle so he could share it with the class at the right time.  He was really excited about it.  I talked to him after school, and he said it went well.  I'm not sure what we'll do for the next one, but this first one was certainly successful.

No comments:

Post a Comment