Saturday, September 19, 2015

Concurrent Soccer

Today Joshua's soccer game and Clara's soccer game were scheduled at the exact same time.  It was going to be a little tricky for Meghan and I both to come, but they were scheduled to be on adjacent fields, so I decided I could handle both, as I would just be in between them.  Well, it didn't work out so well, because when I got there, I saw that because one field was too soggy, they moved Joshua's game to a totally different field that was not close.  I wanted to be there for both kids, and especially for Clara, as she needs plenty of encouragement, so I would watch one kid for 10 minutes or so, and then sprint across the complex over to the other kid's game, and then after another 10 minutes, run back.  It was a lot of exercise for me, but it was fine.  Joshua played well, as he has been recently, and Clara had her best game yet.  She somewhat chased after the ball at times, which is a new thing for her.  Coach Shawn even helped her build some confidence by letting her take a goal kick.  She's still the least interested girl on the team, but I can see her confidence and interest slowly building.

Unfortunately I haven't really had much time to work with her one-on-one, but last week after her game we did spend some time together, and she was pretty excited about dribbling, and she showed some pretty decent skills.  I'm hoping by the end of the season that she'll be confident and happy enough that she'll feel like it was a good season and was worth doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment