Sunday, November 15, 2015

Tossing Around the Purple Pigskin

Joshua has been extra excited about football lately, both in watching it and in playing it.  Meghan and I certainly have concerns about him actually playing it at an organized level, and we'll figure out for sure what we'll do with that later, but for now his desire to play mostly consists of throwing the ball back and forth.  He has a very polite way of asking things, so today he said, "Hey Dad.  Would you mind if you could come out in the back yard and play some football with me?"  Well, there's no way I can turn that down.  One of the great joys of fatherhood is playing sports with your children, especially father/son activities, so I was probably just as excited as he was.  We went in the back yard and threw around my K-State football (it's a size smaller than regulation, so it's easier for him to throw) for awhile, and it was great.  And he's always been a great thrower, even when he was a baby chucking toys around the living room.  He can actually throw a spiral to me most of the time, and after I told him what a spiral was and why it was an accomplishment, now he gets excited every time he throws one, "Hey Dad!  I threw another spiral!"  Times like these are the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment