Sunday, November 29, 2015

The Wishbone


When I was carving the turkey on Thanksgiving, I came across the wishbone.  I hadn't really thought about it in previous years, for some reason.  But this year Meghan suggested I find it and then do with it what people do: break it (after making wishes, of course).  So I harvested it, and found that it was too soft and bendable., so I saved it for a couple days to dry.  I had explained to Joshua what it was, and when he heard it was something to break, he was very excited.  So today he asked me if it was dry, and I checked it, and it was.  So we made our wishes (well, I can't vouch for him), and then broke it.  He got the bigger part, so his wish came true, I suppose.  I will definitely try to remember to do this next year, because it's free fun with the purchase of a turkey.

No comments:

Post a Comment