Tuesday, November 3, 2015

Finding Dinosaurs at Home

This week we have been learning about dinosaurs. Today we excavated a dinosaur and talked about how when people find dinosaur bones, they have to figure out how to put them back together again, just like we did.


Our excavated dinosaur ended up being a stegosaurus (I think. My only complaint is you get no documentation at all, but it looks like a stegosaurus to me). We also had a 3D puzzle that was a T-Rex. Though Hannah doesn't look particularly thrilled in this picture, she loved this guy and named him "Dino", which is pronounced like a dinosaur, not like dino from the Flinstones. We talked about how T-Rexes are meat-eaters and eat other dinosaurs, but the stegosaurus is a plant eater. We also talked about how their plates keep them safe from meat-eaters and also probably helped cool them off.

I also remembered there is a Dinosaur Train episode that talks about the plates on a stegosaurus, so we watched that. Buddy, one of the main characters, is also a T-Rex so we got to see him too. Clara watched with her dinosaur and of course had to tell him all about it, because she really likes talking and explaining, even to inanimate objects. We had a fun time learning about dinosaurs. Some things we do I am personally not that interested in, but I actually really like dinosaurs and my "Biology of Dinosaurs" class was one of my favorites I took in college, so I enjoyed this week as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment