Thursday, November 5, 2015

Shatto Tour

Today we had plans to go to the Shatto farm to take a tour with Alaina and Halie. This didn't exactly work out because when we got in the car, I realized Clara's car seat was so loose that I could take it half way out of the car, which is definitely not safe. Jason fixed it, but by the time we got there, we were about 30 min late. I thought we'd be okay because they said to allow two hours for the tour, but I found out that the tour lasted 30 min and the other 1.5 hours was to allow time in the gift shop. So I started out feeling really disappointed, but it actually ended up being pretty great. We started out tasting many milk flavors. They were all pretty great, though I wasn't a huge fan of French Vanilla.

We also tasted some cheese and butters. Hannah wasn't sure about this blue Royals cheese, but she ended up approving. She likes cheese far more than my other kids who are a bit iffy on it, so that was no surprise. We also bought milk shakes. For the kids I got it made with cotton candy milk and for me I chose root beer milk (that and coffee milk are my favorites). They were delish. I generally don't drink milk and don't like it. However, this milk tastes so good and fresh, I actually do really like it.

After tasting, we went out to the parking lot and had a tailgate picnic since the picnic area was super muddy from all the rain. 


Then we went back to the gift shop to buy some milk to bring home, including some Royals milk that we brought home to Jason. We had a super fun time even though we didn't get to see the cows. I think we'll try to go back some time to actually experience the full tour.

No comments:

Post a Comment