Monday, November 16, 2015

Our Walmart-Wearing Fashionista


All my kids started fall with enough clothes to wear for the cooler weather. For Hannah this hasn't gone well. Firstly, she has grown a bit so a few of the items we had, particularly stuff from last year, are now too short. Which is fine because kids grow and I expect that. But the main problems are her preferences and stubbornness. Firstly, I have multiple pairs of jeans in her size that are super cute and fashionable and are in great condition. Unfortunately she refuses to wear denim. This is not great because Clara wore her size last year and Clara has to have jeans because she is so thin that other pants won't stay up. And now I can't reuse any of Clara's clothes because Hannah won't wear jeans. So that's annoying. However, knowing that Hannah isn't a denim fan, I also bought her several cute outfits with leggings. Unfortunately she also won't wear most of these because she doesn't like the color or style. It's quite frustrating. She feels strongly enough about it that she literally will choose not to go somewhere fun or not to eat dinner or whatever over wearing clothes she hates (and there is no middle ground. She either loves or hates clothing). So I am buying her a few outfits in the size up from Walmart. Normally I am not a big fan of Walmart's clothes because I don't feel they wear well, but this is a good way for her to pick out her own clothes. She has really strong opinions on every thing we see.  So apparently, for her, picking them out is key. I am only about 70% in predicting what she will like. I also think Walmart is a good option for her because when she is at home, she wears jammies 90% of the time. Pretty much her first question after getting home is , "Can I change into my jammies?". So she is not really hard on her clothes like my other kids are. This is her in a Hannah-approved Walmart outfit. And Chicken, who is always well-dressed due to her clothes being sewn on.

No comments:

Post a Comment