Wednesday, July 15, 2015

The Littlest Aeronautical Engineer

One of the toys we bought for the kids a couple years ago is an airplane with big plastic screws that hold it together.  It comes with a screwdriver to allow the kids to put it together and take it apart.  It's not the easiest thing to put together, as it even took me awhile the first time to figure out how it all fit together.  The kids play with it from time to time, though mostly they like to disassemble it, of course.  But I'd never seen Hannah playing with it until recently when I noticed she was doing her best to use the screwdriver to put it together.  I don't think she was actually making much progress, but because I'm an engineer, it makes me happy to see the kids playing with toys like that, as I hope they develop an engineering mindset, which can be so useful in so many ways in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment