Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Cows Get Free Chicken

Chick-fil-A is well-known for the long-running advertising campaign with the cows attempting to convince viewers to not eat them, but instead to eat some chicken (but cows are bad spellers).  For a few years now, they have had a promotion on a particular day where if you dress up as a cow and come into the restaurant, they'll give you a free value meal.  Halie noticed it this year and saw that it was on a day that she was scheduled to work, so she came prepared to make herself and the kids into cows.  The company website provides "costumes" that you can print off, and Halie had everything ready to go when she arrived.  She dressed the kids in black and white clothes and got them all costumed up.

When I was in college, my roommate Kurt graduated earlier than I did (but who didn't), and he bequeathed to me his cow costume.  I gladly took it, because you never know when you'll need a cow costume in life, and in fact I have used it several times.  Earlier in my work career (pre-blog, unfortunately) I went with my coworker Drew to Chick-fil-A on the cow costume day, and I wore it then.  When I heard Halie was taking the kids and they were all dressing up in cow costumes, I knew it was time for my old costume to make an appearance, and for me to join them for lunch.  So here we all are, first me with the kids and then with Halie added in, all mooing, though I'm the only one with my mouth uncovered.  We went to the restaurant and had a total of $25 of delicious free food and had a fun lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment