Sunday, July 12, 2015

Picnic With the Neighbors

We recently had a new neighbor move in on our street, and they offered to host a summer picnic for the neighborhood, which we consider to be the houses on our street /cul-de-sac and the four houses on the street that backs up to ours.  Meghan and Joshua had the first night of VBS tonight (Meghan is volunteering, and Joshua is attending), so I took the girls.  It was pretty fun, and it was nice to meet some of the neighbors I didn't know well.  At this point I know about four of our neighbors pretty well, and a fifth somewhat, and at the picnic I was able to get to know a couple more, which was nice.  The girls ate at a table outside, and I thought I had a cute picture of them that I took with my phone until I looked later and saw that Clara's eyes were closed.  Later they played with Georgia, one of the neighbor girls who is a little older than them, and they had a fun time with bubbles, which are always fun for them.  It was a nice evening, and I'm glad I was able to get to know more of the neighbors on our street.

No comments:

Post a Comment