Wednesday, June 3, 2015

Finally in Florida


Today we checked out of our hotel in Athens and drove the rest of the way down to Florida, which was about five hours, so not long. However, being on the road yesterday and not sleeping well at the hotel last night made me, not exactly sick, but not feeling the best I've ever felt so I stopped a couple times for beverages and what not, which is not like me. So it made the drive feel very long since each stop took 15-20 min since it takes awhile to get all the kids unstrapped and strapped since I can't leave them in the car at their age. It went fine until we were about 30 minutes away and then they were just over being in the car (I totally felt them as I also was kind of over it, yet one of the four of us decided to handle that by continuing to drive whereas the other three threw tantrums all at the same time. It was not delightful and really the only part of the whole trip where I really would have rather been driving alone). On the plus side, the last hour or two of the drive down is not on interstate and goes through a national forest which previously had no cell reception whatsoever. This year, they fixed that, and I had GPS, through roaming, the whole way. That definitely made that part of the drive easier because there are several turns you have to make and I had them on paper if I needed them, but it was way easier to have my phone tell me than to have to look.

Once we arrived in Florida, the kids were super pumped to play outside for awhile so we didn't really go anywhere or do anything today other than hang out at my parents' home.

No comments:

Post a Comment