Wednesday, June 24, 2015

A Tree Climber, Or Two

This week, Joshua has realized tree climbing is a thing. I have mixed feelings about this. On one hand, I am afraid he's going to break his arm. On the other, I think it's important for kids to take these kind of risks to grow self-confidence, independence, and just generally form their sense of adventure. So we have decided to let him climb unless it's wet. He loves this. He isn't super adventurous so I think he won't go too high or anything. However, today Clara got stuck in the tree. She has a really different personality type. She starts off cautious so she never even showed an interest in climbing before today. But once she decides to do something, she does it so she was higher than I would prefer when she called for help in getting down. And Hannah is also interested and I am 100% against having her climb trees at this age. But for Joshua, it's becoming a fun little hobby for him.

No comments:

Post a Comment