Monday, June 15, 2015

Family Time During My Week at Home

 During my time at home while Meghan and the kids were in Florida, I had a really full schedule in terms of the projects I wanted to complete in the time I had, but I also wanted to squeeze in some time with family.  Julie and Andrew invited me over to their house for dinner.  Julie made a great meal, and we all had time to talk, and Andrew and I played bocce ball late into the night (thanks to a very helpful transportable floodlight as well as Julie's assistance), and that was a whole lot of fun.  At the time I was hoping to find time to do it again before I left for Florida, but I ended up being too busy with projects.  While there, I got to spend some time with little Benjamin.  He amazed me by being able to identify all the letters in my name by sight after Julie wrote them in chalk on the concrete. What a smart little guy!

On Friday I met Mom out for lunch.  We went to Mi Ranchito, which was on her list of restaurants she wanted to try.  We figured we'd better get there so she could try it before it burned to the ground like Fronteras did before she had a chance to eat there.  The meal was really good, and it was nice to have a chance to talk while enjoying some good food.

No comments:

Post a Comment