Tuesday, December 22, 2015

A Short-Lived Gingerbread House

One of our annual Christmas traditions is to make a gingerbread house (or sometimes a gingerbread train).  This year's version required me to assemble it, which I wasn't expecting, because the previous ones we bought came pre-assembled.  But it wasn't hard to do, and soon we had a house that was ready for decorating.  When decorating these things, I'm not so much into aesthetics or implementing some overarching design vision.  Basically my goal is to make it look roughly like a house (meaning hopefully there is a discernible door and some windows), and there should be lots of frosting on which we will stick the candy.  The candy in this kit was pretty good, with SweetTarts, Bottle Caps, Nerds, and Runts.  After I had the frosting sufficiently deployed to the surface of the house, we all worked to fill every available space with candy.  After that, Joshua was very anxious to dig in, so I let him go first, and he chomped off a chunk of the roof, and then we all enjoyed eating the rest of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment