Tuesday, July 7, 2015

Swim Lessons

As I mentioned yesterday, Joshua has started swim lessons. It is super important to me that my kids be decent swimmers so I plan to have them do lessons from age 4 until they can swim. At this age, I don't think he will really be able to swim independently at the end of the month, but I hope he will be comfortable with his face in the water, which is a real issue with him right now. I would love for him to also be able to float, but I am not sure if that's realistic or not. He is extremely muscular so floating is going to be something he will probably have to work at. So far he is really enjoying the lessons, so that is good.

The inconvenient thing about swimming is that they do want the parents to stay in the room. I was originally not thinking we would have to stay so I thought I would just take the girls to the park while we waited. But, it makes sense, since I really don't trust Joshua to, say, go to the bathroom on his own and come right back without any detours. So we wait for him. Hannah and Clara both love to draw, so Halie and I have been bringing them stuff to work on and it has gone totally fine. It's only a 30 minute lesson, so it hasn't been bad. I think next year he will be allowed to be dropped off for his lesson, though of course then Clara will be in the preschool lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment