Saturday, July 25, 2015

Date Day at the Farmers' Market

Today I had a date day with Joshua. We started at a British bakery because I wanted to try their cornish pasties. I was disappointed. They seemed dry. But then again I haven't really had one in over 20 years, which makes me feel very old, so maybe they aren't as good as I remembered, not sure. I have also heard their sausage rolls are good so maybe I will get that next time. Joshua loved his brownie and did not eat it all since it was massive.

Next we went to the Farmers' Market. I love fresh fruits and vegetables, but overall am not a huge fan of farmers' markets because I feel like they are so trendy now that the vendors act like they are doing you some huge favor selling you their stuff and don't want you to touch or smell things, but I can't tell if it's ready to eat today without touching or smelling. Joshua enjoyed it overall, though he thought it was a bit loud since he is sensitive to sound. Because he is Joshua, he was super pumped about the carrots and corn and not as much about the peaches or tomatoes, which I would say are much better.

After our shopping, we stopped by the fountain and he got totally drenched. I was proud of him because he first thought it was too scary and wanted to go to the car, but once we got to the car, he decided to try again and went into the fountain and had a fun time. We have a few issues with fear with him, so it was nice to see him try something he thought might be fun even though he also thought it might be scary.

After the farmers' market, he asked to go to the park. It was starting to get really hot at that point so we didn't stay a super long time, but he got to play awhile. We don't make it down to Antioch Park all that often so he had a fun time climbing on some different structures. It was a fun date day that was different than what we have done before, so we had a nice morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment