Sunday, November 22, 2015

Clara's Fire Tree

Our neighborhood has trees planted in front of most yards by the street.  I haven't paid attention to the whole subdivision, but on our street, our tree is always the last one to change color.  It's also the last one to lose its leaves.  But before the leaves fall off, they turn to a blazing orange.  It looks like it's on fire.  I love that tree because it's the last one on the street to have leaves, and it looks awesome.  But I also love it because it reminds me of something.  In 2011 Mark and Barb were at our house for Thanksgiving, and we posed for a family picture in front of that tree, when it happened to be at its brightest color.  It was later that day, that we received the call that there was a baby girl available for us to adopt who was born that day.  We said yes, and soon we had our little Clara.  The tree is only at its brightest for maybe a week or so each year, but every time I see it when it looks like that, I'm reminded of our beautiful little girl and the great story of how she came to be our daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment